St. Mary’s Board of Management (BoM) is a dedicated team who voluntarily manage the school, working to improve and develop the services within the school.
The BoM plays a key role in supporting the leadership, management, and overall development of the school.
The BOM are appointed for a term of four years. A Board shall hold such and so many meetings at such times as the Chairperson deems necessary but shall hold a minimum of one meeting per school term and shall hold no less than five meetings in any school year.
The Board manages the school on behalf of the Patron and is accountable to the Patron and the Minister. The Board must uphold the characteristic Ethos of the school and is accountable to the Patron for so doing.
The Board is formed by 8 members:
- Two direct nominees of the Patron.
- Two parents elected from parents of children who are enrolled and have commenced attendance at the school .
- The principal (or acting principal) of the school.
- One other serving teacher on the staff of the school, elected by vote of the teaching staff which includes the principal.
- Two extra members proposed by those nominees – Community representatives.