Our School Ethos
St. Mary’s specialises in meeting the educational needs of students between the ages of four and eighteen years with Moderate Learning Disabilities; Autism; Challenging Behaviour and Severe to Profound Learning Disabilities. Curriculum and organisational content is child centred and designed to accommodate individual learning styles so that all students may experience success.
The staff at St. Mary’s is committed to creating a structured, trusting and caring environment which enables dynamic teaching and learning experiences. Post primary students are offered vocational training in practical subjects as well as independent living skills.
1. Aim to create a happy, safe and caring atmosphere where each
individual/child is empowered to achieve their potential.
2. To provide a safe, secure and happy environment where all children
will be considered as individuals to develop each child’s full
potential in partnership with all those involved in their everyday
3. To enable our pupils to reach their potential in a safe, happy and
4. To have a happy, welcoming environment with respect and
tolerance for every individual where the children have the
opportunity to reach their full potenti.al in a supportive and
5. Provide a caring, stimulating atmosphere which leads into a
positive, safe learning environment that encourages independence
and equality for each Student.
6. To fully realise the potential of each child in terms of social,
personal, moral, cultural, intellectual and physical development and
therefore improve the quality of the child’s life.
7. To promote learning as an enjoyable process which encourages the
pupils to take advantage of the educational opportunities offered
throughout their school life which will equip them for adulthood.